Christy McGee Insurances Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Christy McGee Insurances Ltd.in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- David McGee
- Contact details of email@example.com
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Christy McGee Insurances Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
- Christy McGee Insurances Ltd., are a Dundalk based Financial advisor providing sound financial advice on Mortgages, Pensions, Life Insurances, Serious Illness Cover and Investments.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- David McGee
- 042 93 56991
Online Consent Form :
As a website user you have the right from 25th of May 2018 to request your personal information, delete your personal information and to unsubscribe from any future email marketing campaigns. The form is located at the link below :-
Purpose for processing your data
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with financial advise Christy McGee Insurances Ltd., need to collect personal data for Mortgages, Pensions, Life Insurances, Serious Illness cover and Investments. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis –Christy McGee Insurances Ltd., needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, Christy McGee Insurances Ltd., are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Christy McGee Insurances Ltd., use the personal data it collects about me?
Christy McGee Insurances Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Christy McGee Insurances Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Christy McGee Insurances Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Life Offices with which we hold agencies with (full list available on our terms of business)
- Mortgage Providers with which we hold agencies with (full list available on our terms of business)
- Pension Providers with which we hold agencies with (full list available on our terms of business)
- Investment companies with which we hold agencies with (full list available on our terms of business)
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Christy McGee Insurances Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Christy McGee Insurances Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (xxx) and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Christy McGee Insurances Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Organisation Name’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract x and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Profiling – automatic decision making
Financial and mortgage advisors using profiling in their business. The main categories are
- Risk profiling.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services and mortgage product
- a) Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above * we run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
What is a cookie:
A cookie is a small piece of data that may be stored on your computer or mobile device. It allows a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a length of time.
Further information on cookies can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
How are they used on this site:
This site uses 2 different types of cookie,
o Session Cookies
o Persistent Cookies
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used as part of the registration process for financial security purposes. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 60 minutes of inactivity.
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
The Company uses Google Analytics to assist us in enhancing our website to ensure we provide relevant information in a easily accessible format.
Google Analytics Cookies used on this site
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors to site|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|Used to throttle request rate|
|_ _utma||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors and pages visited. Records a unique ID, the date and time of first visit, time of current visit nd total number of visits made|
|_ _utmb||30 minutes from last visit||Used to determine new sessions or visits. Stores the number of page views in current visit and start time of visit|
|_ _ utmc||Session cookie||Used to note that the visit has ended when browser is closed|
|_ _utmz||6 months||Records the site you may have linked to our page from. Only records data if you clicked on a link to our site from a different website|
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers’ instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (“third party cookies”), or those from specific websites.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 042 93 56991or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.